Peaky Blinders is a British crime drama television series primarily set in Birmingham, England following aftermath of World War I. Starring Cillian Murphy as ‘Tommy Shelby’ – the gang’s leader, the show follows the exploits of the Shelby crime family. The fictional gang is loosely based on the Peaky Blinders, a real urban youth gang who were active in the city from the 1890’s and early twentieth century. The show is known for its dark and dramatic soundtrack. The soundtrack is a window into the mind of Tommy – a tortured ex-soldier with a sensitive side who appears to be suffering from PTSD after fighting in the trenches during World War One.
This 2CD set will feature music and key clips of dialogue from all series the show, The album will feature Nick Cave’s title opening track Red Right Hand and PJ Harvey’s cover recorded exclusively for the show. Other artist’s music featured on the show and set to appear on this release are The White Stripes, Laura Marling, Arctic Monkeys, Royal Blood, Radiohead, The Last Shadow Puppets, Queens of the Stone Age, David Bowie, Foals, Black Sabbath, Idles, Joy Division and Ricard Hawley who has covered Bob Dylan’s “Ballad Of A Thin Man”.
The 2CD version will also include; a 32-page book with images from the show and behind the scenes, Notes from Guardian journalist Phil Harrison, quotes from the cast and The Chap magazine talks with Alison McCosh – Peaky Blinders’ Costume Designer. Series 1-5 original scores created specifically for the show will also feature on both formats.
- *Tommy: 'It’s Not A Good Idea…'
- Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand
- The White Stripes - St James Infirmary Blues
- Truce - From 'Peaky Blinders' Original Soundtrack / Series 1 (Score)
- *Tommy: 'Right I Have Bought You Hear Today…'
- Dan Auerbach - The Prowl
- *Polly: 'There’s Only One Thing…'
- Jack White - Love Is Blindness
- PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
- Alfie: 'I’ve Heard Very Bad, Bad, Bad Things…'
- Black Rebel Motorcycle - River Styx
- Post Irish Meeting - From 'Peaky Blinders' Original Soundtrack / Series 2 (Score)
- PJ Harvey - Red Right Hand
- Laura Marling - What He Wrote
- Arthur: 'Do You Wanna Tell ‘Em…'
- Royal Blood - Come On Over
- Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know?
- Tommy: 'I Love You…'
- Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - Breathless
- Radiohead - You And Whose Army?
- Polly: 'A Woman Of Substance…'
- PJ Harvey - This Is Love
- Sons - From 'Peaky Blinders' Original Soundtrack / Series 3 (Score)
- Tommy: 'You Can Change What You Do…'
- Queens Of The Stone Age - Burn The Witch
- The Last Shadow Puppets - Bad Habits
- David Bowie - Lazarus
- Tommy: 'Sex, Freedom, Whiskey Sours…'
- Savages - Adore
- Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - The Mercy Seat (Live From KCRW)
- Rachel Unthank & The Winterset - I Wish
- Ballad Of Polly Gray - From 'Peaky Blinders' Original Soundtrack / Series 4 (Score)
- Tommy: 'I’m Not A Traitor To My Class…'
- Frank Carter And The Rattlesnakes - Devil Inside Me
- Foals - Snake Oil
- Polly: 'It's In Our Gypsy Blood…'
- Radiohead - Pyramid Song
- Laura Marling - A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall
- Ada: 'So, Tommy Shelby, MP…'
- Black Sabbath - The Wizard
- Anna Calvi - Papi Pacify
- Joy Division - Atmosphere
- Tommy: 'You Need To Understand…'
- You’re Not God - From 'Peaky Blinders' Original Soundtrack / Series 5 (Score)
- Arthur: 'There’s A Bentley Outside…'
- Jehnny Beth - I'm The Man
- Idles - Never Fight A Man With A Perm
- Tommy: 'I Will Continue…'
- Richard Hawley - Ballad Of A Thin Man